THESE INSTRUCTIONS NO LONGER WORK, AS WEAVE NO LONGER USES WEBDAV!
Creating a Weave server
- Go to panel.dreamhost.com > Domains > Manage domains.
- Create a new domain like “sync.yourdomain.com” with the default options. Click on Fully host this domain now
and wait until you receive a mail from Dreamhost saying that you have a new domain.
Now go to the Goodies > Htaccess/WebDAV tab.
You will see your different domains, so click on the new domain you have created in this step. Click on “Set up a new directory” and fill the form with those dates:
- Directory name: whatever (“weave” could be nice)
- Check the three options: Password-protected this dir?, Enable WebDAV on this dir? and, Forbid linking to files in this dir?
- Directory “name”: Whatever, could be the default one.
- User accounts for this area: put your username and password with a space between them.
- Click “Create directory” at the bottom and you have created a new WebDAV directory on your server.
Wait some minutes to receive the email confirming the activation of the dir.
After you received your confirmation, you need to edit some dirs and a file to work with Weave.
- Connect to your WebDAV server and make some directories and a file.
- Create a directory called “api“
- Inside “api”, create a “share” directory.
- Enter the directory called share.
- Create an empty file called “get.php”
Configuring Weave in Firefox
(If you haven't install Weave (available here), install it now, and restart Firefox)
- Open a new tab and type “about:config”
- Search for: extensions.weave.username
- Change its value to the same username (User accounts for this area) you created in step 1.
- Search for: extensions.weave.serverURL
- Change its value to the your directory: http://sync.yourdomain.com/weave/.
- Click on the icon you have at the bottom-right of your browser, and click “Sign in”.
A new window will pop-up:
- Type your username and your password
- Type a Passphrase (YOU WILL NEED TO REMEMBER this if you want to use Weave in another computer.)
Click on Sign in. If all goes well, you will be Synced!! And if you close the browser, you will see the synchronize window.
And that’s it!!
If you need to use another computer, please, follow Step 1 of Configuring Weave in Firefox.