User talk:Mousee

From DreamHost
Revision as of 20:55, 16 December 2007 by Mousee (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

PHP5

It is important that the existing version of the article (and its associated script) are archived. I recommend moving them to "Installing PHP5/old" and "Installing PHP5/old/script". You can go ahead and do this if you want, but remember that you will need to preserve the bit about using DreamHost's default PHP5 installation (which needs cleaning up a little bit), and you will need to move the talk pages too. Then you can replace the old crap with your new script. I recommend doing the move manually, rather than trying to use the wiki's own move system. -- Scjessey 12:31, 19 September 2007 (PDT)

PHP5 Install Script

Mousee I have been working on a newer version of the PHP5 installer script for DreamHost that's a bit more interactive (e.g. interactive question answering) and fluid. If you'd like to see visual preview screenshots and/or source code to it let me know and I'll be happy to provide it :) -- Exsecror 23:04, 2 October 2007 (PDT)

Thanks! I've been working on the same exact thing for a while now, I've just been too busy to finish it. Feel free to commit your idea to the development PHP5 script if you want though and we can chat about it on the discussion page. I'll be moving the current script there to the main guide shortly (hopefully this weekend). - Mousee 09:32, 5 October 2007 (PDT)
I'm a long way still, I just finished getting the libmhash patch routines done to fix some critical holes/bugs in libmhash but I should have it done in a few days. -- Exsecror 18:40, 5 October 2007 (PDT)

php5-install-prep.sh

Ok I changed the function name from askapache_grab to aa_grab. Its a habit of mine to prefix all my functions with something unique like aa_ or askapache_ to avoid conflicting problems with other functions.

I also removed the permanent link to the official curl download mirror hosted by dreamhosts servers at curl.askapache.com and changed it back to the internationally hosted curl.haxx.se(slower response times, longer dns lookup times, etc.) That was there because I updated the code to include the latests curl release, 7.17.1, so I modified some of the urls in the code to reflect those changes and urls that I tested. I was just coding for myself and I guess I am just missing some filters! :)

Thanks for the heads up

You're good dude - and many thanks for correcting it so quickly. It's one of the few articles I plan to eventually re-due, hence my err.. "vigilance" on it ;) - Mousee 19:55, 16 December 2007 (PST)