Why is my account still pending?
When you sign up for a new account your application goes through our approval system to make sure that your request is legitimate. There are many reasons why your account may still be pending; some of these are:
- Some of the information you provided did not match the credit card you gave us so the system checks to make sure that this is not fraud.
- The signup process did not finish and only your WebID was created.
- You just have not given it enough time to finish being approved (10mins - 3hrs)
There are others reasons but these seem to be the top three. Below are more details on each of these.
Information does not match up
The Problem: if your account has been created, you have been charged, you see your domain has been created and you have a plan on your account but your account still shows pending, chances are that some information that you provided us did not match up with your credit card or has caught the eye of our fraud detector.
What you should do: contact support through your Web Panel and let us know that your account is still pending; we will manually review it and approve it if it is ok.
Signup did not finish setting up. (Manual account setup)
The Problem: if your account has been created, but you don't see any plans in your "Manage Account" section of your Web Panel and your account is marked as "Pending" it is because the sign up process did not fully complete and only your WebID was created.
What you should do: Manually add a plan to your account and set up your site through the web panel. Here are the steps that you will need to follow to manually set up your account.
- Go to your Manage Accounts page https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=billing.accounts& and add a plan.
- Go to your Billing page and make a payment for the new plan https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=billing.payment&
- Create a new user, this will be your main FTP user https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=users.users& skip creating the email for now.
- Register your free registration name https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=domain.registration& (if you already have a registration skip this step)
- Create a "Domain" for the registration https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=domain.manage&
- Create your first email address https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=mail.addresses& and under the section that says "Mailbox Login:" make sure to select your user instead of "generate a new one"
That's it: your account has now been manually set up. A small tip: you can just go to your "Support History" to see all of the emails that are sent to you with your login information, since all emails that we send you are saved on that page.
Your account is still Pending right after you signed up
The Problem: You just signed up and received your login information and payment receipt but when you login it says your account is still pending.
What you should do: If it has been less then 3 hours since you signed up just sit back and wait or work on that project that you've been meaning to get to but just haven't had time for. If it has been more then 3 hours then there is a kink in your approve process and we need to look at it. Just contact support through your Web Panel
Note: if your account says that it has been disabled this means that the approval system could not approve your account with the provided information, you can resubmit your approval request via this http://www.dreamhost.com/fax/