WebDAV SSI Problem & Solution
Here's the solution that we came up with to work around WebDAV parsing SSI on download... Assuming that you want SSI activated in the www.mysite.com/mydir/ directory for browsers but not for WebDAV users:
- Set up a fully hosted subdomain for your source such as src.mysite.com
- Create a directory under ~/src.mysite.com/mydir/
- Create a symlink ~/mysite.com/mydir --> ~/src.mysite.com/mydir/
- Create a .htaccess file in ~/mysite.com to enable SSI
- Activate WebDAV on src.mysite.com/mydir
Now your web content folks can use WebDAV to update the contents of mydir without breaking includes.