Includes the following user-related functions:
- More info about managing users can be found here:
- Type of User Account
- FTP is the default. SFTP works the same as regular FTP using a secure connection. Shell allows access to the web server's command line interface; shell users can also use FTP or SFTP.
Adding New Users
The Add New User button adds a FTP/shell user.
When you click the Edit link, the Editing User screen opens which allows you to:
- Change the password
- Change the displayed name (not the username )
- Enable shell access
- Enable quota restriction
- Enable user resource reporting
- SSH keys can be used for passwordless access to your VPS.
- Provide limited access to your account to another person.
- Account Privileges
- Groups are used for sharing files on Unix systems (and that's all!).