Update Credit Card information
If you are using the credit card AutoPay system, you may need to update your credit card details over time to replace outdated or expired information. You can make this change securely within your DreamHost panel.
How do I update my credit card AutoPay details?
This section describes how to update all of your credit card information, except the card number. For example, you can make updates if your credit card has a new expiration date or if your billing address has changed.
To change your credit card information used for automatic payments:
- Visit the (Panel > ‘Billing & Account’ > ‘Make Payment’) page.
- Click the ‘Modify Credit Card AutoPay’ tab to update your card information.
- Update the following three areas as needed:
- Billing Details: The first area is where you will update the name on your credit card, the expiration date, the security code, and billing address. (There is no option to update your credit card number here – this form is only used to modify a current credit card’s details.)
- Authorization Checkbox: The checkbox authorizes DreamHost to charge this credit card for automatic payments.
- Limit Dollar Amount field: This option, if selected, limits the amount DreamHost can charge at one time to the card in a single day. To enable this, check the box noted and enter an amount for the maximum to be charged in a single day.
- Once you update all the fields, click the Update Automatic Rebill Settings button to save your changes and update your credit card details.
How do I change my credit card number?
To change your credit card number that you have on file with DreamHost:
- Navigate to the (Panel > ‘Billing & Account’ > ‘Make Payment’) page.
- Click the Forget this card completely! button.
You can then enter a new credit card.