If you refer someone to DreamHost, you can receive referral rewards. You can read more about this in the following article:
How can I receive rewards for referring a new customer?
There are a few options that you can use to ensure that your referred customer properly lists you as their referrer so you can receive rewards, and you must have an open DreamHost account in order to receive referral rewards.
- You can list your referral link on your blog, website, or provide the link to your referred customer directly. By using the link you provided to sign up, your referred customer will automatically list you as their referrer on their new account. Your referred customer won’t need to enter your information anywhere in order for you to receive a referral credit.
- You can retrieve your referral link in your panel, on the (Panel > ‘Billing & Account’ > ‘Affiliates’) page. This link is formatted as http://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?########, and ######## is your account number.
- Your referred customers can also manually tell DreamHost support that you referred them when they open an account at https://signup.dreamhost.com
- They will be prompted to enter a promo code or the email address of the customer who referred them. Be sure to provide them with your primary email address on your DreamHost account. This way, you are properly credited as their referrer.
- You can also use your direct referral link to refer your friends directly to a specific URL at dreamhost.com. For example, you could provide them with this link (customized to your specific referral link URL):
- And this will direct them right to "http://www.dreamhost.com/domains/" which is the domain registration landing page. Your referral information will be stored in their browser.
Creating a promotional code in the DreamHost panel
You can also create custom promotional codes for your referred customers, directly in your panel.
To create custom promotional codes:
- Go to the (Panel > ‘Billing & Account’ > ‘Affiliates’) page.
- Click on the ‘Create Your Own Promo Codes!’ tab to expand this portion of the page.
- Click the Create A New DreamHost Promo Code button.
- Create your own custom promo codes on this page.
- Click the Create This Promo Code Now! button to save your changes.
|Note:||The maximum reward you can receive is $97.00. Any discount you provide with your promo code, or additional no charge services like free domain credits or unique IP addresses, will be taken out of the amount of the reward you receive.|