- 1 Overview
- 2 Referring new customers
- 3 Rewards payment types
- 4 Rewards cash out
- 5 See also
The "DreamHost Rewards Program" provides a very lucrative commission plan for affiliate partners of DreamHost.
Here's what you get when you refer a customer to purchase hosting from DreamHost.
- One-time rewards – One-time rewards are applied to a customer’s account the first time a referred customer makes a payment for any full hosting plan. Referred accounts for annual hosting plans qualify for up to a one time $97 commission. DreamHost does not pay for any referrals other than the direct new customer referred from you.
- No changes can be made to rewards that have already been processed. No exceptions will be made.}}
Referring new customers
It's very simple to refer new customers and receive reward credits. All you need is your unique rewards link.
You can retrieve your referral link in your panel, on the (Panel > ‘Billing & Account’ > ‘Affiliates’) page. This link is formatted as https://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?########, where ######## is your account number.
You can use your direct referral link to refer your friends to a specific URL at dreamhost.com. You can list your referral link on your blog, website, or provide the link to your referred customer directly. By using the link you provided to sign up, your referred customer automatically lists you as their referrer on their new account. Your referred customer won’t need to enter your information anywhere in order for you to receive a referral credit.
For example, you could provide them with this link (customized to your specific referral link URL):
And this will direct them right to "http://www.dreamhost.com/domains/" which is the domain registration landing page. Your referral information will be stored in their browser.
The ‘xxxxx’ at the end of the link should include your Account Number. New customers that sign up through that link will sign up with your account listed as the referrer.
DreamHost also offers several banners and logos you can use to attract new customers as well.
What you can earn
The table below details how much you can earn based on the payment type:
|Shared||Maximum one time commission $30||Maximum one time commission $97|
|VPS (private server)||Maximum one time commission $30||N/A|
|Dedicated server||Maximum one time commission $97||Maximum one time commission $97|
|DreamPress||One time commission $50||Annual plan maximum one time commission $97|
DreamHost promotional pages
To help your website visitors sign up, DreamHost offers on going promotions that affiliates can access in their control panel. If an affiliate chooses to use the promotions listed in the panel, the discount comes out of the affiliates rewards payment.
Contacting the affiliate team
If you still have questions, please contact the affiliate team at email@example.com.
Rewards payment types
If you refer a customer to DreamHost, you can receive referral rewards.
Which new customers can I receive rewards from?
You can receive rewards from only one type of referred customers:
- Primary (Tier-1) Referrals
- Customers that have been directly referred to DreamHost by you, by using your referral link.
How much can I receive for referring new customers?
- One-Time Rewards
- For each Primary Tier-1 referral, you can earn as much as $97.00.
Rewards cash out
As a DreamHost customer, you can refer new customers and receive rewards. Your full referral rewards can be applied to your account, or if you generate enough rewards, you can cash them out to a PayPal account (less a 5% service fee).
How can I receive my rewards?
You can choose to leave your rewards on your DreamHost account and use them toward hosting fees, or you can choose to cash them out. Rewards can be cashed out to your PayPal account once you have earned over $20 worth of referral rewards. There is a 5% service charge to process rewards to a PayPal account from the full amount of the reward balance issued that month.
By default, referral rewards will go towards upcoming invoice payments. To switch to cashing out your rewards:
- Visit the (Panel > ‘Billing & Account’ > ‘Affiliates’) page.
- Click the ‘Cash Out Your Rewards!’ tab.
- To cash out your rewards:
- Check the box next to ‘Yes, I want excess rewards balances to be cashed out via PayPal each month’.
- Enter your PayPal account email address in the specified box. Please ensure that you use the correct PayPal account email address – if you use an incorrect email address, this can cause issues with processing your rewards payments.
- Click the Update Cash Out Settings button to save your changes.
|Note:||Referral rewards are cashed out to PayPal on the 1st business day after the 10th of the month.|
Rewards cash outs can only be made via PayPal as there is no other payment method available for cashing out rewards. If you are referring a very high amount of customers each month, you may qualify as a Platinum Affiliate. Please refer to the Affiliate Terms and Conditions for further information.
I have less than $20 in referral rewards. How can I use them?
By default, rewards are set in your panel to be used toward future hosting and service fees. If you have less than $20 of referral rewards, they will stay on your account until you have a charge that the rewards will be used towards.
Due to the large amount of customers who receive PayPal cash outs, these rewards may take a few days to show up in your PayPal account.