The panel allows you to make pre-payments on your account, however the prepayment will not apply to the charge or service(s) until it’s ready to renew. This means the pre-payment you submit will stay on your account as a positive credit balance until a charge/service is due.
You also aren't able to define to which charge or service the pre-payment will apply: the next charge on your account automatically withdraws from the existing credit balance.
Making a pre-payment
- Navigate to (Panel > “Billing & Account” > “Make Payment”).
- On the top of the page, click the Make a Payment Now button.
- A drop-down list of payment methods appears.
- Once you’ve expanded the Make a Payment Now menu, make a selection from the following prepayment options:
- Credit/Debit card
- Checking account
- Check or money order (via regular mail)
- Gift certificate
- Once you make a prepayment using any of the payment options, your account shows a positive balance at the top of the page with the amount you paid.
Your bank statement will show the Dreamhost charge as “DreamHost dh-fee.com”.