DreamHost offers a FREE hosting plan to non-profit, charitable organizations registered in the United States.
This discount applies to a single shared hosting plan per non-profit, hosted within only one account, for US-based 501(c)(3) organizations. Other types of hosting plans such as VPS, Dedicated, and DreamPress are not covered under this non-profit offer.
Domain registrations (other than any included with the plan) are not eligible for any discounts.
- You will first need to fill out and submit the form here to sign up for service with us.
- Make sure you've filled in and submitted a Credit Card Billing Address, as we use that information to verify your identity. If you have any problems adding a billing address, please visit your DreamHost panel and submit your info there.
- Please fax proof of your tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) to us at 714-671-9098. Be sure to include the email address you used during sign up on the cover letter of your fax.
- Once you successfully transmit the fax, please submit a support request from the (Panel > ‘Support’ > ‘Contact Support’) page so that our non-profit team can get you approved as quickly as possible.
- Please fax your proof of tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) to 714-671-9098. Be sure to include your DreamHost account number on the cover letter of your fax.
- Once the fax has been successfully transmitted, please submit a support request from the (Panel > ‘Support’ > ‘Contact Support’) page of the panel so that our non-profit team can get you approved as quickly as possible.
Having trouble faxing us?
If you are unable to fax the information to us, you can attach it to a support ticket for our team from your account control panel. Or, you can simply post it online via a file/image hosting service and link us to the document/image in your support request.
Proving Non-Profit Status
Whether you are a new customer or a current customer, in order to prove your non-profit status we need to receive one crucial piece of documentation. This is an official United States IRS letter indicating tax exempt non-profit status under the appropriate sections of the tax code. This is often called a 501(c)(3) determination letter.
A 501(c)(3) determination letter is the only documentation that we will accept. If you are a non-profit organization and do not have a determination letter, regardless of the reason, you will be denied free hosting.
Please note that for individual organizations, this will unfortunately require a determination fee from the IRS. It is however possible that your organization is covered by some kind of group exemption. If that is the case, we will need a copy of your parent organization's 501(c)(3) determination letter and proof from them that you are a subordinate in good standing.
Once the above information has been received we'll configure your account appropriately and you'll be happily hosting your non-profit selves, forever!