Includes the following email-related functions:
- Manage Email
- Custom MX
- Announce Lists
- Discussion Lists
- Message Filters
The Mail Menu is where you can manage various functions of your mail services with DreamHost, including:
- Creating/Editing/Deleting email addresses
- Configuring your webmail service
- Creating/Editing MX records
- Creating/Editing Announcement Lists
- Creating/Editing Discussion Lists
- Managing spam filters
- Creating/Editing autoresponders
The (Panel > ‘Mail’ > ‘Manage Email’) section is where you can add, edit, and delete email addresses. By clicking the Edit button to the right of any address, you can update passwords, disk limit quota, and configure the email as fully-hosted or as a forward-only address.
View the following article for further details:
On the (Panel > ‘Mail’ > ‘Webmail’) page, you can see the current URL for webmail and if it’s hosted with DreamHost. If you click on the Edit button under the Actions column, you can edit the following:
- Disable Webmail
- Disables Webmail on your domain. Enabling this doesn't mean that you can't check your email at all – you'll still be able to use an email client or visit webmail.dreamhost.com.
- Webmail Location
- Use thie field to customize the URL to use for Webmail. The default is webmail.
- Enable RoundCube Webmail
- Changes the Webmail client from SquirrelMail to Roundcube.
- SquirrelMail Login Image URL
- If you would like to customize the appearance of your Webmail login screen, you can enter the URL of an image here.
- SquirrelMail Login Organization Name
- Allows you to change the text below the image.
The (Panel > ‘Mail’ > ‘Custom MX’) section is where you can edit the MX records for your domain. You can enter custom MX records, setup your email with Google Apps, or simply keep your mail services with DreamHost.
To learn more about custom MX records, visit the following article:
The (Panel > ‘Mail’ > ‘Announce Lists’) page provides the ability to create an Announcement List. This list allows you to send to hundreds or even thousands of subscribers without affecting your regular email’s SMTP quota.
For more information on the Announcement List feature, visit the following article:
The (Panel > ‘Mail’ > ‘Anti Spam’) page allows you to create filters to block incoming spam. This feature cannot be enabled on non-DreamHost mail services.
For more information, visit the following article:
The (Panel > ‘Mail’ > ‘Discussion List’) allows you to create a discussion list where subscribers can contact each other through a single email. This is a great feature which also does not affect the regular SMTP quota.
For more information and creating a discussion list, visit the following article:
Custom filters can be added on the (Panel > ‘Mail’ > ‘Message Filters’) page. This feature allows you to create very specific filters to control incoming email anyway you find necessary.
For further information, view the following page:
On the (Panel > ‘Mail’ > ‘Autoresponders’) page, you can create a custom autoresponder. When anyone sends you an email, they will then receive the reply from this autoresponder. This tool is useful in instances when you’re not available for an extended period of time (such as a vacation).
For more information, view the following article: