Contacting Us Methods
Our main form of communicating and providing customer support is through email correspondence, We are able to answer any of the questions you may have and also provide you with links, examples, etc that will better explain the answers to your questions.
We prefer that if you are a DreamHost customer that you email us through your Web Panel under the Support > Contact Support area. By doing this your e-mail will be automatically linked to your account so we can easily find your account and you will be able to monitor the status of your support ticket.
Here are some things to remember when emailing us.
- Include your domain name (website name)
- Domain issues, Describe in detail what your problem is (try to be specific so we can pinpoint the issue faster)
- Email issues, please include the email address you are having a problem with.
- Login issues, please send us the username and password you are using so we can verify it.
- Database issue, let us know which database you are having a problem with.
- Billing, which credit card, dates amount, details, details, details.
- Dreambook, please give us the your dreambook address
- Abuse, the address of the material in question.
Please remember that we strive to answer all emails within 24 hours, and most are answered in substantially less time.
If you don't already have an account with us, please use this contact form to get ahold of us!
If you'd like to send us some cookies or gifts by all means do so! You can mail them to us at the following address. Please note that we only accept technical support inquiries through our web panel, not through the US Postal Service!
Oh, and if you're mailing in a check or money order please remember to write your DreamHost account number on it.
417 Associated Dr.
Brea, CA 92821
We Provide a Fax number for when you are unable to contact us via email or if you need to submit paperwork. When submitting a fax please include either of the following.
Please Note: The Fax should not be used for technical or customer support. It is not monitored by and should only be used when we ask you to fax something to us.
Dreamhost Customers: - WebID - Account ID - Email address - Website address
Non-Dreamhost Customers: - Email address - Website address
Once you have marked your fax with at least one of those requirements that are mentioned above please send it to
Call Backs (Phone Support)
Here at DreamHost we mainly provide support through e-mail. We do however provide an option whereby customers can request a phone call back from our technical support team.
Callbacks are not included with our standard hosting package by default. You can, however, add three callbacks per month to your account for a nominal monthly fee.
Callbacks must be requested through your account control panel. Just log in to your account and click through to the "Support/Contact Support" tab. If you've added Premium Phone Support to your account you'll see a "Request Callback?" checkbox near the end of the submission process.
- We do NOT provide a call-in telephone number, all phone support issues are handled as callbacks.
- We do NOT provide callback support for numbers outside the United States. We apologize to our non-US customers.
- Leaving a message on your answering machine will count towards your callbacks, please let us know when the best time to contact you will be so we can avoid missing you in person.
We offer a Live chat feature foe all accounts on a temporary basis depending on how many email tickets we currently have waiting. If we need to focus on incoming email Tickets the Live Chat feature will be temporarily turned off while we focus on tickets.
For customers that have the "Chat & Callback" paid service ($9.95 /mo) the live chat featrue will never be turned off.