How to Move Lists
This article describes how to migrate an existing Discussion List from one account to another.
Backing up your site
To move a discussion list to a new account, you must eventually delete your site from the current account. Before you do this, make sure to backup all your data. Visit the following page for step-by-step instructions:
Moving the lists
Follow each step in order to prevent any data loss when migrating a discussion list:
- Contact DreamHost support in your panel. You can do this on the (Panel > ‘Support’ > ‘Contact Support’) page.
Note: Make sure the request to export the list contents is submitted from the primary email address of the old account. This is mandatory before support can migrate the list.
- Let support know that you wish to migrate your list to another account. Specify the exact listname and the account number of the new account to migrate it to.
- DreamHost support can then backup your list.
- Support will then notify you that you can delete the list and domain from your panel.
Recreating the lists
- Once you’ve deleted the domain from the old account, add it to the new account.
- Recreate the list on the (Panel > ‘Mail’ > ‘Discussion List’) page. The following article explains how:
- After the new list is created, have the new account owner contact DreamHost support from the primary email address of the new account and request that we migrate the backed up list contents to the new list.
- Support will complete the import for you and let you know when it’s complete.