How to Use Transmit with DreamObjects
|Quick Wiki Links|
Transmit is an FTP client for Mac OS X developed by Panic which also includes capabilities to mount SFTP, Amazon S3, and WebDAV connections. The client is a shareware so it’s free to evaluate but after the trial period is over you’re limited to seven-minute sessions.
This guide describes how to use Transmit to mount your DreamObject buckets.
For more information, please visit the Transmit website:
Using Transmit with DreamObjects
Before you begin, make sure you already have a DreamObjects bucket created.
- Launch Transmit.
- Select S3 on the right side as the connection type.
- Enter the following:
- Server: objects.dreamhost.com
- Access Key ID: Your Access Key
- Secret: Your Secret Key
- Initial Path: Leave blank
Note: Visit the DreamObjects user guide for instructions on how to find your access and secret keys.
- Click the plus (+) button on the lower-left to save it as a favorite
- Enter a name for your favorite, and then click the Save button to save it.
- Upon connecting to DreamObjects, the buckets you've created and the data within them appear on the right side: