How to Use GoodSync with DreamObjects
|Quick Wiki Links|
GoodSync is an easy, secure, and reliable file synchronizer. The free version is limited to 3 jobs or less and 100 or less files and folders in each job. Pricing is $29.95 for the Windows version, and $39.95 for the Mac version.
Connecting to GoodSync (Windows version)
- Launch GoodSync.
- Enter a job name in the ‘Enter Job Name’ box. You can name it anything you wish.
- You can also choose between ‘Synchronize’ and ‘Backup’ although the ‘Synchronize’ option is most often used.
- Click OK to proceed.
- When the main page opens, click the Browse button on the top left.
- Select which directory on your local machine you’d like to sync from, and then click OK.
- When you return to the main page, click the Browse button on the top right.
- In the list on the left, select the ‘Amazon S3’ option.
- Enter your DreamObjects credentials:
- Address – s3://objects.dreamhost.com/yourbucketname (make sure to enter the name of the bucket you’re connecting to).
- Access/Secret Keys – You can find these in your panel. View the DreamObjects keys article for further details.
- Make sure the ‘Secure Mode (encrypted)' box is checked.
- Click Go on the top right to connect.
- Click OK on the bottom right to close this window.
- When you return to the main page, click the Analyze button on the bottom left.
- Click the Sync button on the bottom left.
The data on your local machine is then synced with your DreamObjects bucket.