- Manage your MySQL databases. Includes such tasks as adding a hostname, accessing phpMyAdmin, creating a new database, and others.
- Install and manage one-click applications.
- Subversion is a "version control system" to help you manage projects ("repositories") with many files and/or contributors.
- Cron is a way of performing scheduled tasks on UNIX systems. Each entry in a user's "crontab" file is called a "cronjob." Our interface allows you to manage your cronjobs without having to get your eyes dirty. It also co-exists well with cronjobs you may have created by hand.
- If you want to learn more about Cron Jobs, DreamHost published this excellent "Introduction to Cron Jobs" on the Control Panel Intro to cron
- Upload (static) files to Amazon's S3 service, then activate CloudFront to have Amazon serve it from dozens of data centers across the planet, resulting in incredible performance no matter where in the world your content is accessed from.
- The media player can only play Flash-compatible videos, which is why we've provided the handy-dandy tool, which can convert most common video formats into a format Flash can deal with. It's powered by the free FFmpeg video conversion tool, and uses the X264 encoder library for high-quality H264 encoding.
- DreamHost currently supports streaming of QuickTime 7 via Darwin Streaming Server (http://developer.apple.com/opensource/server/streaming/) version 5.5. Wiki link:
- Jabber is an open-source instant messaging platform that uses open, XML-based protocols to create the standard functionality people expect of an IM system: one-to-one chat, multi-user chat, the ability to subscribe to someone else's presence, and so on. The great thing about Jabber on DreamHost is that you can host your OWN Jabber chat server on your domain.
- Password Protection and Publishing Power
- Restrict access to any of your domains through the use of an .htaccess file. You can use this web interface to create usernames and passwords for your friends and associates to access password-protected sections of your websites. You can even use an .htaccess file to help prevent hotlinking of your website files by outside parties.
- Enable and edit settings to block search engine spiders.
- Google AdWords credit if you qualify.
- Add Chartbeat analytics for your site.