The functions in the fileinfo module try to guess the content type and encoding of a file by looking for certain magic byte sequences at specific positions within the file. While this is not a bullet proof approach, the heuristics used do a very good job.
You can find more information about fileinfo at php.net – File Information.
|The instructions provided in this article or section are considered advanced.|
You are expected to be knowledgeable in the UNIX shell.
- Create a phprc file under your username. View the PHP.ini article for further details.
- Once you’ve created your phprc file, add the following line to it:
extension = fileinfo.so
- Save your phprc file and restart php. View the killing PHP processes article for details.
- Check to see if your changes have updated.
- Add a new file to your website titled phpinfo.php and include the following code:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
- View the following URL in your browser: