DreamSpeed CDN Overview
|Quick Wiki Links|
- 1 Overview
- 2 Setting up DreamSpeed CDN
DreamSpeed CDN is a new content delivery network for DreamObjects, powered by Fastly, the smartest CDN on the planet, with all SSD storage and 10Gb Ethernet for delivery at breakneck speeds. Speed up your sites and applications, lighten the load on your web servers, and give your users a blazing fast user experience.
What is DreamSpeed CDN?
CDN stands for Content Delivery Network, a powerful global network of servers designed to get your content into the hands of your users as quickly as possible. When users download files and media through their browser from DreamObjects, typically data will be fetched from our data centers in Southern California. When enabling DreamSpeed CDN, your files and media are copied securely to hyper-fast servers all around the world, and your users will automatically be delivered the copy that is geographically closest to them, resulting in a much faster download.
- One button acceleration - enable DreamSpeed CDN with just a click.
- Unlimited instant purge and refresh of accelerated content.
- Use your own domain name to deliver content from DreamSpeed CDN.
- Secure SSL content delivery using the objects.cdn.dream.io domain.
- Great pricing from only $0.12/GB for US & Europe, and $0.19/GB for Asia-Pacific, Australia & New Zealand.
- Fully integrated with DreamObjects.
- Speed Up Your Site
- Take a Load Off
- By delivering your static content from the DreamSpeed CDN, you not only speed up your site, but you lighten the load on your web server, allowing it to focus on delivering only the dynamic parts of your site or application.
- Integrated DNS Setup
- DreamSpeed CDN works great whether you host your DNS with DreamHost or not. If you do choose to host your DNS with DreamHost, the DreamSpeed CDN will automatically make the appropriate DNS changes on your behalf.
What does DreamSpeed CDN look like in the web panel?
Bucket Settings Dialog Box
CDN Enabled on a Bucket
Setting up DreamSpeed CDN
DreamSpeed CDN is enabled through the DreamObjects main page within our our web panel.
|Important:||DreamSpeed CDN is a new feature of DreamObjects rather than a standalone product, therefore you must first set up DreamObjects in the web panel (i.e., create a bucket, store files, and so on).|
To open the Dreamspeed CDN Settings dialog box, use your browser to:
- Open the DreamHost web panel.
- Click DreamObjects (Cloud Services > DreamObjects) in the left panel under Main Menu.
- Click Change Settings for a selected bucket.
- Enter the desired settings for the bucket and click Save Settings when finished.
Enable DreamSpeed CDN
- Open a bucket from the DreamObjects settings page.
- Toggle the CDN Support switch to ON for the selected bucket.
Note: Be sure to review the pricing information before saving.
- Click Save Settings when finished.
The following shows how a CDN-enabled bucket appears on the DreamObject main page.
To accelerate your downloads for a better user experience, you can enable a DreamObjects bucket to use a CDN:
- Enable DreamSpeed CDN for a bucket.
- Store your files in the DreamObjects bucket for which you enabled DreamSpeed CDN.
- Update your site to use the DreamSpeed CDN links so that your content is delivered from the CDN.
- By default, the DreamSpeed CDN link will use the format: http://<bucket>.objects.cdn.dream.io/<file_name>
Example: External CSS
<head> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="mystyle.css"> </head>
Using DreamSpeed CDN
<head> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://mybucket.objects.cdn.dream.io/mystyle.css"> </head>
Use your own domain name for accelerated content
You can use an alias for your domain by entering a name in the Domain Alias field box. Click Save Settings when finished.
|Note:||You can find further information about setting up and using aliases in the DreamObjects CNAME wiki:|
Using with Wordpress
A plugin to utilize DreamSpeed CDN is available as a WordPress plugin:
Purging and Advanced Cache Settings
You can view the following wiki where you can learn all Dreamspeed CDN Advance Cache settings: