Overview of using CNAME records in DreamObjects
DreamObjects now allows you to create aliases that point to your buckets using CNAME records. You can use a CNAME record to map a DreamHost.com bucket URL to a domain under your control, like media.mygreatsite.com. Now it's even more convenient to use DreamObjects to store your web content!
Examples of CNAME records and buckets
|CNAME Record||DH Bucket to which it points|
We also built an interface that is accessible from the DreamObjects panel that creates, deletes, and modifies these CNAME records.
The new interface includes:
- A section for permissions
- A link to the bucket
- A section for setting up aliases as subdomains of domains on the Account
Creating, deleting, or modifying an Alias (CNAME Record) for a Bucket
You use the Change Settings dialog box to modify CNAME records.
To access the Change Settings page:
- Open the dialog in the DHO panel by clicking Change Settings on a bucket row.
- Create an Alias by entering the domain(s) you wish to use from the drop-down list. You can also delete and alias by clicking the red x on the right-hand side.
- Select a permission by toggling the PERMISSIONS switch.
- Click Save Settings, or Cancel to return to the previous screen.
Creating an Alias (CNAME Record) for a Bucket with DreamSpeed CDN
Creating an alias for a bucket with DreamSpeed CDN enabled is just like creating an alias for a regular DreamObjects bucket.
- With DreamSpeed CDN enabled, you now have the option to create aliases for a regular DreamObjects bucket or an accelerated bucket with DreamSpeed CDN enabled.
- In the dropdown menu, choose Bucket to create an alias to the DreamObjects bucket URL or CDN to create an alias to the DreamSpeed CDN URL.