DreamHost:List of guidelines
- Article size
- Article size is limited by technical issues and considerations of readability and organization. It's useful to split long articles and combine small pages.
- Build consensus
- It is assumed that editors working toward consensus are pursuing a consensus that is consistent with the policies and guidelines of the DreamHost Wiki - especially the neutral point of view.
- Provide an edit summary
- Providing an edit summary, even if the edit is minor, makes the wiki work better by quickly explaining to other users what your change was about.
- Mark minor edits
- If your edit is minor, please mark it is a such by checking the box beneath the summary text field.
- If an article's name is very similar to another, make a note at the top. If many articles share a name, create a disambiguation page.
Avoid the following problems:
- Poor grammar or spelling
- Disorganized or confusing articles
- Conversational language
- Overlong articles
- Out-of-date information
- Comment on the article
- Talk pages exist to discuss the article itself, not the subject in general.
- Sign your comments
- Ensure that you sign every comment you make with four tildes (~~~~).
- Comment thread readability
- Use colons (:) to indent your comments for readability.
- Avoid moving comments
- Do not move comments from one place to another unless absolutely necessary. Entire discussions can be archived in sub pages off the main talk page.