There are several ways to contact DreamHost if you need assistance. This article lists the most common and direct options available.
The preferred form of communication for contacting DreamHost to request support is through email correspondence. Support is able to answer most questions you may have and also provide you with links, examples, and so on that assists you in diagnosing an issue you're experiencing.
If you are a DreamHost customer, the preferred method is that you submit an email ticket through your Panel. You can create a support ticket on the (Panel > 'Support' > 'Contact Support') page. By submitting a support request through the Panel, it automatically links your email to your account. This way, support is able to easily find your account and you are able to monitor the status of your support ticket.
Here are some things to remember when emailing DreamHost support:
- Always include your domain name (website name).
- Domain issues – Describe in detail what the issue is. Try to include specific details so support is able to pinpoint the issue faster.
- Email issues – Include the email address with which you are having a problem.
- Login issues – Send the username and last two characters of your password you are using so support may verify if the credentials are correct.
- Database issues – Confirm which database is experiencing issues.
- Billing – Include which credit card, dates, amount, and any other details.
- Abuse – Include the address of the material in question.
Please remember that support strives to answer all emails within 24 hours, and most are answered in substantially less time.
If you don't already have an account with DreamHost, please use this contact form instead.
If you would like to attach an image or file with your support request, you must submit your ticket in your DreamHost panel. The last page of the submission process allows you to add an attachment.
|Note:||Attachments cannot be sent directly through email. The DreamHost system will strip all attachments out if the ticket is not submitted through the panel.|
If you are already a customer you can upload the file via FTP to your DreamHost server. When submitting your ticket, make sure to explain exactly where you uploaded the file.
If you are not yet a customer, or you are unable to use FTP to upload a file, there are many free web sites that will allow you to upload the file to their servers. You can then link DreamHost support to that file. Below is a list of sites you could use to link a file:
Here are some that we recommend:
Call Backs (Phone Support)
Support is mainly provided via email and Live Chat. However, DreamHost does have an option whereby customers can request a callback from technical support.
By default, only Dedicated hosting plans have 3 callbacks a month as part of its package. Callbacks are NOT included with the other standard hosting packages. You can, however, add three callbacks per month to your account for a nominal monthly fee. Support also offers a one-time callback feature for a fee as well.
Callbacks must be requested through your account control panel. Log in to your account and navigate to (Panel > 'Support' > 'Contact Support'). If you've added Phone Support to your account, you'll see a Request Callback? checkbox near the end of the submission process.
Activating phone service
- Navigate to the (Panel > ‘Support ’ > ‘Contact Support’) page.
- Choose your category, follow the steps as best you can and you’ll end up on the final page.
- Check the checkbox next to 'Request Callback'. This opens the options below it.
- From the 'Select a phone support plan' dropdown, choose a one-time callback or a recurring monthly plan.
Note: Choosing the monthly plan will cause your account to be billed $14.95/month until you manually cancel the service in your panel.
- Below the dropdown is a text field titled 'Number to call'. Enter the number you'd like to be called at. Double check this to make sure it's correct.
- Choose the time you'd like to be called at in the 'Preferred time' dropdown.
- Click Send Message Now. Your ticket will be flagged so support knows to call you at the time period you chose.
Disabling phone service
- Navigate to the (Panel > ‘Billing & Account’ > ‘Manage Account’) page.
- Under the section titled Service Plans you'll see the phone service listed.
- To the far right is a column titled 'Ends'. Click the 'Edit' link.
- From the dropdown, choose to end the service today or at the end of your billing period.
|Important:||DreamHost support is not able to provide any sensitive account information via the chat system for security reasons, but DreamHost can email requested information to the address that is listed as the account contact.|
All chats are stored in your panel's Support History (Panel > ‘Support’ > ‘Support History’) page in case you ever need to review past conversations.
Requesting a Live Chat
To request a Live Chat from DreamHost Support:
- Log into your panel.
- At the top of any page, click the CHAT LIVE button.
- Once you select the Chat Live option, the following support request page appears:
- Select the topic that best matches the issue you are experiencing.
- The chat 'required items' window opens:
- Enter the required fields and click the Begin chat button.
- When the chat window opens, enter your question.
DreamHost billing address
- Attn: Payments
- PMB #257
- 417 Associated Dr.
- Brea, CA 92821
DreamHost fax number:
Use this fax number in instances when you are unable to contact DreamHost via email or if you need to submit paperwork.
|Important:||The fax should not be used for technical or customer support. It should only be used when DreamHost asks you to fax something.|
When submitting a fax, please include either of the following:
- Account ID
- Email address
- Website address
- Email address
- Website address
Once you have marked your fax with one of the requirements mentioned above, please send it to the above mentioned fax number.
DreamHost user forums
The DreamHost Discussion Forum is located at discussion.dreamhost.com.
|Important:||The forum is intended for customer self-help and is NOT meant to contact DreamHost support.|
The forum requires you to register. This registration is completely separate from any of your other DreamHost user login accounts.
DreamHost always welcomes suggestions from its customers. Suggestions for new features or changes to be made to DreamHost services can be made in the 'Suggestions' section of the DreamHost discussion forum:
You can also find it on the forum's homepage by clicking the 'Suggestions' link:
DreamHost status page
DreamHost has a status and announcement page you can visit to keep up to date on any scheduled maintenance or unscheduled downtime that may be currently affecting customers.
On those pages, you can comment on the status post at hand while a DreamHost representative continually updates the status of the post.