DreamBook: Private Entries
You can choose whether posts to your DreamBook are shown on your guestbook or are stored in the administrative email!By going to the Options area of the Management Area you can set new entries to your book to be either:
- Public: All messages will immediately go on to your book. You can take certain messages off by using the Manage Entries area. This is the default for all new books.
- Poster Decides (default Public): This puts a checkbox option when signing your book for whether the poster wants their post to be public or not. It will default to public.
- Poster Decides (default Private): This puts a checkbox option when signing your book for whether the poster wants their post to be public or not. It will default to private.
- Private: No messages will get put on the book unless you go into the Manage Entries area and set them to be public.
How do I change a post from public to private or vice versa?
- Go to the Manage Entries page of the management area.
- Find the post you want to change.
- Click the link that says either "click here to make it public" or "click here to make it private".
Note: you'll probably have to reload your guestbook in your browser to see the change.
Can I filter / screen posts to my guestbook so only ones I approve get posted?
Yes, with the private entries functionality!
Simply set your book to be "Private" from the Options page. Then, set yourself to get email notification when somebody posts to your book.
Everytime you get an email notification you decide if you want the post on your public book. If so, just go to the Manage Entries page of the management area and set that post to be public!
Currently there is no way to block or filter a post based on content.