The Management Area of Dreambook is the web site where you go to (surprise, surprise) manage your Dreambook.
From there you can do things like customize the look of it, edit and delete posts, customize email and posting options, create new guestbooks... the list goes on and on!
Once you are logged into the management area you have to pick which book you'd like to work on. EVEN if you only have one book, you'll still need to click on it first to begin working with it.
Also remember to reload your guestbook after you make any changes, possibly holding the shift key down as you do so. If you don't reload, you probably won't see the changes you've made because your browser will just be showing you the last version it downloaded (the one in your cache) to make your browsing speedier.
- 1 Can I change what people write in my book?
- 2 Can I change what I wrote in someone else's book?
- 3 How do I delete this awful message from my guestbook?
- 4 Is it possible to add an image when signing a dreambook? If so, how?
- 5 When managing my entries, it only shows me the most recent 50! Why?
- 6 If I add more fields for guests to fill in, will I lose my old entries?
- 7 Is there any way to stop Google or any other search engine from indexing my dreambook?
Can I change what people write in my book?
If somebody has a typo or a gramatical mistake, or you simply want to edit their post for content (or your own if you are using a diary or weblog DreamBook), you can! Just go to the Management Area, choose your book, and click "Manage Entries" to get to the Editing/Deletion area!
Can I change what I wrote in someone else's book?
At this time, there is no way for either you or the guestbook owner to change guestbook entries. However, if you really, really want the message gone, you can contact the owner of the dreambook, and ask them to remove the message that you wrote.
How do I delete this awful message from my guestbook?
- Go to http://manage.dreambook.com/ and log in if you haven't already.
- Click on the link of the guestbook you wish to edit.
- Click on the Manage Entries link.
- Scroll down until you see the offending message, then check off the checkbox next to "Delete?" and press the submit button.
Is it possible to add an image when signing a dreambook? If so, how?
You can if the dreambook you are using has the option selected to allow html. If they do, you can put this in your message: <img src="http://www.wherever_the_image_is.com/image.gif"> and it will show up.
When managing my entries, it only shows me the most recent 50! Why?Although our limit for max guestbook entries is 150, you probably have your guestbook maximum set to 50, the default. You can change it --- here's how:
- First, log in to the management area.
- Click on the link of the book you wish to change.
- Click on the Options link.
- In the Max Entries box, replace 50 with the number of entries you want to save, with a maximum of 150.
- Press the Save Changes button, and you're done!
If I add more fields for guests to fill in, will I lose my old entries?
Nope! All that will happen to old guestbook entries entered before the new fields is they just won't have values for the new fields. You won't lose any data, there's nothing to worry about!
Is there any way to stop Google or any other search engine from indexing my dreambook?
Yes there is! You can just put this tag in your gbtop form (use customize forms from the management area):
<meta name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow">
Realize that that means google and other search engines (which are nice and follow the rules like google does!) will stop indexing your site in the future, but it may take a while for them to drop your site from their current database if they've already indexed it before.