Includes the following domain-related functions:
- Manage Domains
- Reg. Transfer
- New TLDs
- Secure Hosting
- Remap Sub-Dir
- Anonymous FTP
- Mongrel and Proxy
- Stop The Hacker
- Mobile Site Builder
- Site Statistics
- View and modify the hosting configuration of any of the domains on your DreamHost account.
- Wiki Link:
- From here you can renew domains you registered through DreamHost, modify WHOIS information (including nameservers), change auto-renew settings, and of course register new domain names. Suggestion: Lock the domains you register with DreamHost (or any registrar); if your domain is registered here, you can do this through the Control Panel. Due to current ICANN rules, you are vulnerable to domain slamming if your domain is not locked. Here is an article on the subject.
- Transfer the domain name registration of a domain to us or away from DreamHost.
- From this section of the panel you can request that your domain name be transferred to Dreamhost from another registrar or approve transfers away from Dreamhost to another registrar.
- Transferring registrations TO us (.com, .net, .org & .info top level domains only):
- You will need an authorization code from your current registrar in order to transfer it. When you get the authorization code from your current registrar, also make sure that at least one of the whois e-mail contact addresses is configured to go to an account you have access to. Transfer authorization messages are sent those address. If you don't receive them and respond accordingly your transfer will time-out and fail! Update the whois contact e-mail addresses as necessary before initiating the transfer to us in our control panel.
- Transferring registrations AWAY from us:
- You will find the authorization codes in this section of the panel for the registrations you have with us. While you're there make sure that at least one of the whois e-mail contact addresses is configured to go to an account you have access to. Transfer authorization messages are sent those address. If you don't receive them and respond accordingly your transfer will time-out and fail! Update the whois contact e-mail addresses as necessary before initiating the transfer to us in our control panel. You can update the whois information by going to (DOMAINS > REGISTRATION) in our control panel and clicking on the "modify whois" link for the domain in question.
- Add a secure hosting and a secure certificate.
- Remap a fully hosted URL to another directory.
- From here you can over-ride the directory that sub-directories of your domain serve from! This is useful if you want to give a separate ftp user access to say http://www.domain.com/myfriend/ without giving them access to your whole site.
- Anonymous FTP is an FTP site to which anyone can log in and transfer files. A password is not required. Wiki link:
Mongrel and Proxy
- This feature is only available for DreamHost VPS. From here you can create Mongrel application server to host your Ruby web applications, including Ruby on Rails. When you create a Mongrel server, an appropriate proxy server is automatically created and configured for you.
Stop The Hacker
Mobile Site Builder
- Add a stats user and configure reports.