Directory Access Troubleshooting
|This article or section may require a cleanup.|
We are hoping to create articles that meet certain standards. Please discuss this issue on the talk page. Editing help is available.
I ran across a problem with directory access via http and https.
- I had set permissions on the directory to 755
- I had cleared the .htaccess settings
- Yet I could not access the directory other than through SSH
Turns out I had Subversion (SVN) enabled and had that directory set up as a repository
So if you have directory access problems with a website directory check the following:
- Do you have the directory permissions set to 755 (or whatever is appropriate for your application)?
- Are your .httaccess settings including usernames and passwords correct (you can set this from the Dreamhost control panel now)?
- Is Subversion, or some other application, already using that directory and blocking access?
Hope this saves someone some time in the future.