Control Panel Description
- 1 Overview
- 2 Logging into the DreamHost Panel
- 3 Vertical Menus
- 4 Horizontal Menus
- 5 See also
This article is an overview of the control panel as a whole. While it won’t necessarily cover the all of the specifics of every single page, it provides you with the resources to navigate the panel and locate any information needed.
Logging into the DreamHost Panel
To log into your DreamHost panel, visit the following URL:
- Enter your primary email address linked to your account and its password.
- Click the Sign In button.
- If you forgot your password, click Reset password and follow the instructions.
- Enter the MFA code and then click Sign In.
- View the Enabling Multi-factor Authentication article for details on this service.
The following describes the menus from top to bottom that appears on the left side of your panel.
On the top left of your panel is a yellow toolbox menu:
While the screenshot shows a total of six options, this area is actually customizable and any link from the main menu section can be dragged and dropped there for quick access in the future. Consider the Toolbox section an area to place your most often viewed panel pages.
|Menu item||Link to panel||Link to more information|
|Manage Account||Panel > ‘Billing & Account’ > ‘Manage Account’||Billing & Account Menu|
|Manage Domains||Panel > ‘Domains’ > ‘Manage Domains’||Domains Menu|
|Manage Email||Panel > ‘Mail’ > ‘Manage Email’||Mail Menu|
|Manage Users||Panel > ‘Users’ > ‘Manage Users’||Users Menu|
|MySQL Databases||Panel > ‘Goodies’ > ‘MySQL Databases’||Goodies Menu|
|One-Click Installs||Panel > ‘Goodies’ > ‘One-Click Installs’||Goodies Menu|
This area appears just below the yellow toolbox menu.
The Main Menu is the primary list for all the pages in your panel. Each section has a description of the various actions you are able to perform once they’re selected. Each of the items are described in the following table:
|Menu item||Description||Link to more information|
|Home||The only option available is ‘Dashboard’ which is the main page of the panel where you see news regarding DreamHost services.|
|Domains||Where you manage domain services such as hosting, DNS, registration, and site statistics.||Domains Menu|
|Allows you to manage email services such as filters, discussion/announcement lists, and MX records.||Mail Menu|
|VPS||Provides the links to to configure a Virtual Private Server (VPS) and manage its users.||VPS Menu|
|Dedicated Servers||Similar to the VPS category, but instead specifically refers to managing a Dedicated server rather than a VPS.||Dedicated Servers Menu|
|Cloud Services||Provides access to DreamObjects and DreamCompute services.||Cloud Services Menu|
|Users||This category provides options to manage and backup your users.||Users Menu|
|Billing & Account||Provides links to manage your account and make payments.||Billing & Account Menu|
|Contact Support||Provides links to view your data centers and submit a support request.||Support Menu|
Active Account (if available)
This displays accounts/sub-accounts that you have access to which allows you to toggle between them.
|Note:||This is only visible if you have access to more than one account. Looking at the above example:
The top right of the panel lists a few horizontal options that are described below:
|Menu item||Where it links||Description|
|System Status||http://www.dreamhoststatus.com/||Displays any scheduled maintenance or outages.|
|DreamScape||http://www.dreamhost.com/dreamscape/||DreamHost’s blog and community built around Articles, Meetups, and more.|
|Wiki||http://wiki.dreamhost.com/||DreamHost's wiki database that contains articles to help customers find solutions to any issues they may have.|
|Forum||https://discussion.dreamhost.com||DreamHost’s official forum where you can post/answer questions with other users.|
- Edit Profile
- Allows you to change contact information for your account along with managing preferences and security settings for the panel. View the Updating Contact Details article for further instructions.
- Click to end your current session in the panel.
Account Status tab
The Account Status tab is on the upper right of your panel. Clicking on this displays valuable information regarding your resource usage, the servers you are using, and the amount of FTP users, email addresses, and domains hosted. Below is an image of the area and a short description of each:
Description of items in the Account Status drop down box
- Account Name and Account Number.
- Hosting Plan
- Hosting Plan and Payment Increment Option (i.e., one year or two).
- Domains Hosted
- Number of domains and subdomains hosted.
- Next Rebill Date
- When you will be invoiced.
- Disk Usage
- The amount of disk space used.
- Bandwidth Usage
- The amount of bandwidth used.
- Email Accounts
- Number of email address for all domains.
- FTP Account
- Number of users (all types, FTP, SFTP, and Shell) for all domains.
- Your Web Server
- The name of your web server.
- Your MySQL Server
- The name of your MySQL server.
Search field box
While you could navigate the panel using the main menu described above, you can also use the search box in the upper left of your panel:
Type in any term you wish and it searches all available panel options.
Beneath the Search box is a CHAT LIVE button:
- Chat Live
- Allows you to connect to LiveChat to speak with a support representative in real time based on the subject you choose.