Canceling Account Overview
- 1 Overview
- 2 How do I cancel my account?
- 3 How do I temporarily suspend my account?
- 4 Do I get my money back if I cancel my account?
- 5 Do I get my money back If DreamHost cancels my account?
DreamHost allows its users to close a shared hosting account using the DreamHost panel. This wiki details how to close your shared hosting account, a VPS-only account, as well as a Dedicated-only account.
If you require further assistance or clarification with any aspect of your account, please contact DreamHost support at (Panel > ‘Support’ > ‘Contact Support’).
How do I cancel my account?
It is important to know that DreamHost provides an option to entirely close an account, although this option is only available while a shared hosting plan is active. If a DreamHost account has VPS services and/or Dedicated services without a shared hosting plan, refer instead to the corresponding section(s) below.
- Navigate to the (Panel > ‘Billing & Account’ > ‘Manage Account’) page.
- At the top of the page (under your account number and name), click the ‘close account/end all hosting" link.
Important: Be sure to read through the warning message that appears which provides details on all of your information that will permanently be deleted.
- When you are ready to close the account, click the blue Continue to Account Settlement… button below the warning text.
- The DreamHost panel will then automatically analyze your account and will identify if there is a balance due which must be paid before the closure can complete.
- If there is no balance to pay, click the Continue to Finalize Cancellation… button to view the final page of the closure process.
Closing your VPS hosting account
- Navigate to the (Panel > ‘VPS’ > ‘Dashboard’) page.
- To the right of the VPS under the ‘Actions’ column, click the red Delete button.
When finished, DreamHost will send the account owner an email to confirm the VPS has been deleted.
Closing your Dedicated hosting account
- Navigate to the (Panel > ‘Dedicated Servers’ > ‘Dashboard’) page.
- To the right of the server under the ‘Actions’ column, click the red Delete button.
How do I temporarily suspend my account?
DreamHost does not offer any service that temporarily suspends an account without the risk of losing data. You must instead close the account using the methods described above.
If you must suspend your services for any reason, DreamHost recommends that you close your account through the DreamHost panel. You can add services at a later date to re-establish hosting.
|Important:||Always make a Backup of your account before closing it, as DreamHost cannot guarantee that any of your data will be saved.|
Do I get my money back if I cancel my account?
DreamHost will prorate the user’s account for any remaining time that has been paid. DreamHost cannot refund money beyond the 97-Day Money-Back Guarantee.
Please note the following limitations on this refund policy:
- Refunds within the 97-Day Money-Back Guarantee can only be processed for shared hosting, per the Terms of Service.
- Domain registration fees are not refundable.
- VPS, Dedicated, and DreamPress plans are also not refundable.
- Payments made via check/money order cannot be refunded once cleared.
If you choose to cancel your account, you will retain ownership of any domain names that you have purchased. If, in the future, you would like to have your domain point to a different web host, you will be able to log in to the DreamHost panel, and make your change there to manage your registrations and free DNS services.
Do I get my money back If DreamHost cancels my account?
Should DreamHost abruptly disable a user’s account due to a breach of the Terms of Service, then the user forfeits any eligibility for a refund.