It seems like there is a never-ending list of passwords associated with hosting. You have your Web Panel password, your FTP/SFTP/Shell user password, your database password, your WordPress/Joomla/ZenCart password... how can you keep track of all of them?
And if you need to reset them, where do you go?
Change the Web Panel Password
You have two options when you change your web panel password – either through the Edit Profile link, or through the Billing > Security link.
Edit Profile Link
- Click on "Edit Profile" in the upper right-hand corner of your DreamHost Web Panel.
- Click on "Security" at the Web ID Central panel that shows up after you click "Edit Profile.
- Fill in your old password once, and your new password twice.
Billing > Security Link
- Go down the left-hand side of the panel and click on "Security" under "Billing".
- On the following page, fill in your old password once, and your new password twice.
Change FTP/SFTP/SSH User Password
- Go to the [Manage Users] section in the Web Panel.
- Click on "Edit" for the user you would like to change the password for.
- On the following page, fill in your new password.