Add a domain
How do I add a domain or a sub-domain to my panel
It's really easy!
From your control panel select Domains > Manage Domains, then click Add a New Domain / Sub-Domain
Then, choose from one of the 5 options:
Fully hosted Domain
|This article or section may require a cleanup.|
We are hoping to create articles that meet certain standards. Please discuss this issue on the talk page. Editing help is available.
- Domain to host: your domain or sub-domain
- Do you want the www in your URL? Choose either "Leave it alone" (both
http://www.domain.comwork equally), "Add www" (if someone types
http://domain.comthe system updates it to
http://www.domain.com), or "Remove www" (if someone types
http://www.domain.comthe system updates it to
Users, Files, and Paths
- Run this domain under the user: Select the FTP user that will own the files, or create a new one by selecting it from the drop-down menu.
- Web directory: defaults to yourdomain.com
- Logs Directory Cannot be changed. The path is /home/username/logs/domain.com/http
- PHP Mode: PHP5 FastCGI (recommended) or PHP5 CGI
- Extra Web Security
- PHP XCache Support: only available for Private servers
- Passenger (Ruby/Python apps only):
Google Hosted Services
This is distinct from the "Google Hosted" option below
- Gmail - Select whether or not you would like your domain to use Gmail
- Google Apps - Select whether or not you would like your domain to use Google Apps
Then click on "Fully host this domain" to host your domain!
(Host your site with Google through Dreamhost)
For more information, see Google Hosted
Redirect your site from one URL to another
For more information, see Redirect Domain
Mirror the same content on two different domains
For more information, see Mirror Domain
The Cloaked section has the following settings:
- URL to Display: In the text box, type the name of another URL. DreamHost will detect any web requests to your domain, and display a frame containing the URL you supply.
- Title in browser: In the text box, type some text. DreamHost will display this text as the title of the "cloaked" browser window.
- Press the Cloak this domain now! button to set the web hosting option to cloaked and save these settings.